Are you a practical person who likes solving problems with an interest in engineering? Are you bright, enthusiastic and keen to learn?
Look no further. We’re offering an exciting opportunity for an ambitious apprentice to join our team and help grow the future of our specialist engineering business.
Based in York, you will work alongside our experienced team at our workshop. Full training will be given, including a day per week at our partnered training college.
Who is ISF and what do they do?
ISF is the leading provider of engineering solutions to the Animal Feed Manufacturing industry in the UK. We manufacture, install, maintain and repair processing machinery to keep feed mills across the UK fully operational. Improving their efficiency and reducing costs, the work we do plays a crucial role in the British food supply chain.
As an Apprentice Manufacturing Engineer, you’ll join a close-knit, experienced team at our workshop in York City Centre. You’ll be supported to grow skills, knowledge, and develop your career in engineering, whilst making a real contribution to our customers in the animal feed processing industry.
Working at ISF
We operate in a supportive environment, dedicated to developing our people and helping them to fulfil their potential. We are committed to our employees for the long-term and have team members who have progressed from apprentice level to management positions. As our company grows, we are looking for positive individuals to learn, bring new idea, form strong relationships with our customers and help our business to grow.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- Enthusiastic about pursuing career in engineering.
- Practical and positive.
- Enjoy solving problems.
- Able to act on own initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- Passionate about learning new skills.
- High regard for Health and Safety standards.
- Desire to be a part of our team and uphold the excellent reputation of the company.
All training will be provided, so previous experience is not essential.
Daily activities will include:
- Working alongside our highly skilled engineers to manufacture and assemble materials handling equipment at our manufacturing facility in York.
- One day a week at our partner training college to complete coursework.
- Learn and apply technical skills such as: Pattern development, Structural Fabrication, Sheet Metal Forming with CNC machinery, Welding, Pneumatics & Hydraulics, Mechanical assemblies & Process engineering principles.
- Problem-solving challenges ‘on the go’, using your initiative, and finding engineering solutions that make a real difference to the businesses we help.
- Manage and operate machinery and equipment safely, with due care, and understanding of Health and Safety requirements.
- Desirable working hours with overtime regularly available at enhanced rates.
- Attractive rates of pay increasing to best in the industry upon completion of apprenticeship.
- Work in a unique and exciting industry, making a real difference to the UK supply chain.
- Access to bespoke in-house training programme tailored specifically to advancing skills, knowledge and best practice in feed milling engineering.
- Opportunities for long-term career progression.
- Close-knit team and supportive working environment.
- Ongoing partnerships with certified training providers offering a variety of courses for skills advancement and professional development.
We’re building our team for the future, so you’re looking to join the UK’s leading provider of engineering solutions to feed processing industries, learn invaluable skills from our highly experienced team, and kickstart your career in engineering, apply now.
To apply email personnel@ISFyork.com with CV and covering letter.
Please only apply to this role if you are if you are 18+ years old and able to travel to our York (city centre) manufacturing facility 5 days a week.